Reduce Headaches and Eye Strain with Commercial Office Lighting
The lights in an office have a direct impact on the productivity and mood of the staff. Halogen, fluorescent, and incandescent lamps produce a hot “red” light that will irritate the eyes and cause headaches for some people. LED lighting solutions provide a cool, white light that evenly illuminates interior areas without causing fatigue or flickering.
LED Office Retrofitting
In addition to providing higher quality light than older fixtures, installing LEDs will lower your monthly energy bill. In large indoor areas such as an office, LED retrofit lighting is a cost-effective lighting upgrade that is worth the investment.
Why is LED Retrofitting Less Expensive Than Replacement?
Unlike replacement, LED retrofitting factors in your current lighting solutions and uses existing fixtures as economically as possible. The retrofitting contractors at Energy House will evaluate your current lighting solutions and install upgraded LED tubes in your office. Several factors to consider when installing retrofit lighting are:
- The features of your existing lighting and the performance differences when transitioning to LEDs.
- The size of a room, the color of the walls, and the height of the ceiling. Certain LED fixtures are better-suited to confined areas.
- The lumen output of the old fixtures compared to the retrofit bulbs.
- The distribution of lighting fixtures across the desired space
LED Retrofitting Will Lower Your Office Expenses
LED retrofit upgrades are the most cost-effective method of improving your lighting and lowering your electric bill. Replacing entire lighting fixtures is a laborious and expensive procedure that many landlords and business owners cannot afford. Our team of LED lighting contractors will upgrade fluorescent, metal halide, and high-pressure sodium lights with high-efficiency LEDs. Your office will benefit from more light and increased runtimes which will save you energy and maintenance costs.
How Do We Retrofit Office Lighting?
- Use our FREE LED cost savings calculator to determine your potential cost savings.
- Our lighting contractors choose and install the best lighting solutions for your office space.
- Let us handle the Focus On Energy rebates which will help to offset the installation cost.
- Continue to save $$$ every month for up to 20 years after the installation!
See The Energy House Difference
For over 17 years, Energy House has been a trusted name in LED lighting and retrofitting across Southern Wisconsin. Many offices throughout Wisconsin have all benefitted from modern LED lighting. Check out our gallery of completed LED office lighting below.
NOW SERVING SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN WITH Office led RETROFITTING
We Offer These Citywide Services
Waukesha office lighting, West Allis office lighting, Milwaukee office lighting, Janesville office lighting, Kenosha office lighting, Racine office lighting, Madison office lighting, Oshkosh office lighting, Appleton office lighting, Green Bay office lighting.
—And Everywhere in Between—
Pewaukee, New Berlin, Muskego, Greenfield, Brookfield, Hartford, West Bend, Middleton, Fitchburg, Stoughton, Jefferson, Fort Atkinson, Whitewater, Mequon, Sheboygan, Fond Du Lac, and Manitowoc.
Contact Energy House for an on-site estimate on an LED lighting upgrade. We also offer interior lighting upgrades for schools, industrial businesses, as well as exterior lighting upgrades!
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally a 3 bulb ceiling fixture consists of 3 T8 tubes that are 32 watts each. There are typically 3 options that can effectively replace them:
- LED tube – 15 watts, which amounts to a 60% savings
- LED strip kits which take the place of all 3 tubes. These bring a 96 watt fixture down to 33 watts, a 66% savings.
- New LED fixtures, generally between 25 and 32 watts is enough for an 8-9ft ceiling, resulting in a 76% savings
Parking lot poles generally have bulbs ranging from 250 to 400 watts. There is also a transformer in each head which raises the energy usage from 250 to 275 and 400 to 458 watts. These 400w heads can be replaced with three options:
- LED 100 watt Mogul Disc with 5 year warranty – this is often the most cost effective option
- LED 120 watt retrofit plate with a 10 year warranty, custom made for each type of fixture.
- LED 100 to 150 watt new fixtures with 5 to 10 year warranty. This is the most full light of the three options
Many multifamily unit hallways are underlit using single 13 watt bulbs in a fixture. There are a million solutions to this application, we typically prefer to use our 12 watt flat disk rated for 50,000 hours of use vs 10,000 hours. The maintenance savings alone will pay for the light in a short period of time. The hallway itself will appear more safe, and because it’s a flat disk, tenents won’t rip them off the wall moving large furniture in and out.
Most facilities have either 6 pack highbays or 400 watt fixtures lighting up their production and warehouse areas. What is the best LED replacement for older lighting?
400w heads can be most easily replaced by these 4 options:
- A simple screw in bulb that uses the current ballast. What this option lacks in efficiency, it makes up for in speed and price of installation.
- A screw in bulb that does not use the ballast. This is a slightly more efficient option that is also fast and affordable.
- A new “UFO” fixture
- A new fixture with a 10% uplight, a 10 year warranty, and is American made. These are the best on the market.
The 6-pack high bays are made up of 6 T8 tubes and it is the most common fixture we see. These 6 packs can be best replaced by one of these three options:
- A simple bulb click-in that uses the current ballast. These are less efficient, but very affordable up front.
- A hardwired LED tube, one of the most cost effective options that comprises the vast majority of our retrofits.
- A new linear LED fixture.