Improve Lighting Quality in your Church with LED Lighting Upgrades
Quality lighting in your church sanctuary might not be essential, but it will make for a vibrant setting during your church services. There are several benefits to replacing the old fluorescent bulbs in your building with LED lighting fixtures, one being that they willlower energy costs. LED lighting is also safer and less distracting than old fluorescents. Let us show you how LED lighting installation can benefit your church.
LED Retrofitting for Wisconsin Churches
The radiancy of your church is an important aspect of the service for your congregation. LED retrofitting all the areas in your church building including the sanctuary, hallways, narthex, and other rooms improves your energy-saving capabilities and lower the installation costs from replacing the current lighting fixtures. This affordable process allows you to spend money on expanding your church in other ways.
How Retrofitting Church Lighting will Save Money Over Replacements
When implementing new LED lights into your building, LED retrofitting is the best option. LED retrofitting is a process that uses the current lighting systems in your facility and gives them an upgrade without having to remove any of the old systems. Several lighting factors are considered when retrofitting the lighting in your Wisconsin church including:
- The LED light that is projected is different than that of halogen lights
- Surrounding environment purpose may have changed (ex: new church created from a previous nightclub)
- LED lighting characters are different than halogens
- Your current light distribution might need an upgrade
The process of retrofitting LEDs into your church involves adding new lighting solutions to the already existing lighting system. We can guarantee high-quality lighting coverage and efficiency that will be correctly distributed throughout your property. We save you money and time with our one-stop solution and get your congregation and church family the lighting they deserve.
What are the steps to retrofitting the lighting in your church?
- Calculate your savings with our gym lighting calculator or contact us for a FREE on-site estimate.
- We select & install the optimal lighting solutions for your fitness center.
- Your Church may qualify for LED lighting rebates, immediately reducing upfront costs.
- You save Large amounts of $$$ per month in energy costs—for up to 20 years!
See Our Wisconsin Church LED Retrofitting Examples
Energy House has been installing LED lighting solutions in churches and other commercial buildings for over 17 years through Southeastern Wisconsin. View our gallery of LED light comparison examples to see how retrofitting Wisconsin churches improve appearance, attracts new church members, AND saves you money.
NOW SERVING SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN WITH led church lighting
We Offer These Citywide Services
Waukesha church lighting, West Allis church lighting, Milwaukee church lighting, Janesville church lighting, Kenosha church lighting, Racine church lighting, Madison church lighting, Oshkosh church lighting, Appleton church lighting, Green Bay church lighting, Brookfield church lighting.
—And Everywhere in Between—
Pewaukee, New Berlin, Muskego, Greenfield, Hartford, West Bend, Middleton, Fitchburg, Stoughton, Jefferson, Fort Atkinson, Whitewater, Mequon, Sheboygan, Fond Du Lac, and Manitowoc.
Contact Energy House for an on-site estimate for LED lighting upgrades. We also offer lighting upgrades for other interior facilities such as schools, rec centers, and retail stores, as well as more exterior lighting upgrades.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally a 3 bulb ceiling fixture consists of 3 T8 tubes that are 32 watts each. There are typically 3 options that can effectively replace them:
- LED tube – 15 watts, which amounts to a 60% savings
- LED strip kits which take the place of all 3 tubes. These bring a 96 watt fixture down to 33 watts, a 66% savings.
- New LED fixtures, generally between 25 and 32 watts is enough for an 8-9ft ceiling, resulting in a 76% savings
Parking lot poles generally have bulbs ranging from 250 to 400 watts. There is also a transformer in each head which raises the energy usage from 250 to 275 and 400 to 458 watts. These 400w heads can be replaced with three options:
- LED 100 watt Mogul Disc with 5 year warranty – this is often the most cost effective option
- LED 120 watt retrofit plate with a 10 year warranty, custom made for each type of fixture.
- LED 100 to 150 watt new fixtures with 5 to 10 year warranty. This is the most full light of the three options
Many multifamily unit hallways are underlit using single 13 watt bulbs in a fixture. There are a million solutions to this application, we typically prefer to use our 12 watt flat disk rated for 50,000 hours of use vs 10,000 hours. The maintenance savings alone will pay for the light in a short period of time. The hallway itself will appear more safe, and because it’s a flat disk, tenents won’t rip them off the wall moving large furniture in and out.
Most facilities have either 6 pack highbays or 400 watt fixtures lighting up their production and warehouse areas. What is the best LED replacement for older lighting?
400w heads can be most easily replaced by these 4 options:
- A simple screw in bulb that uses the current ballast. What this option lacks in efficiency, it makes up for in speed and price of installation.
- A screw in bulb that does not use the ballast. This is a slightly more efficient option that is also fast and affordable.
- A new “UFO” fixture
- A new fixture with a 10% uplight, a 10 year warranty, and is American made. These are the best on the market.
The 6-pack high bays are made up of 6 T8 tubes and it is the most common fixture we see. These 6 packs can be best replaced by one of these three options:
- A simple bulb click-in that uses the current ballast. These are less efficient, but very affordable up front.
- A hardwired LED tube, one of the most cost effective options that comprises the vast majority of our retrofits.
- A new linear LED fixture.